There are definite advantages to choosing bully sticks over rawhide, especially in terms of safety:
- Bully sticks are an all natural, long-lasting dog treat made from beef muscle. No chemicals are used in this product.
- Bull sticks can be consumed or chewed up and they breakdown quickly in the stomach, rather than causing swelling in the gut (as rawhide sometimes can).
- They’re easier to digest than rawhide and many other commercial and natural chews, such as pig ears.
- Bully sticks are very good for the teeth. In the chewing process, bully sticks cause abrasion of the teeth, which aids in removing plaque and tartar build-up on the tooth surface.
- Bully sticks are very low in carbohydrates, because they are primarily protein. Because of this, bully sticks do not cause tartar build-up.
- Bull sticks are low in fat. Combined with the high-protein content, this makes them an ideal treat for overweight dogs.
- Bully sticks are one of the most popular and safest treats available on the market.
- Even young puppies, which are advised not to chew rawhides, can chew bully sticks.*
*Always monitor your puppy when chewing. Puppies have a tendencies to gulp their food, and any natural chew can be a choking risk.
Giving your dog a bully stick has many benefits. Bully sticks help maintain:
- Clean teeth and healthy gums
- A healthy coat
- Strong muscles
- A nutritional diet
- They’re also a good source of amino acids to support your dog’s brain, body, and coat.
**These are from free range fed bulls from the US and do not contain any chemicals. They are purchased by a distributor and farmer in California.